Certified Testing Labs, Inc. is seeking full-time Construction Inspectors to work on upcoming projects throughout the NY metro area!
This is an exciting opportunity to work on high profile projects and for professional growth and advancement!
- Traveling to various field project sites;
- Monitoring construction operations;
- Collecting samples of materials as needed, and when applicable,
- Utilizing field testing equipment to determine compliance with project plans, specifications, and industry standards;
- Reviewing approved plans, specifications, and submittals for inspection requirements;
- Compliance with inspection requirements in accordance with the applicable code, approved plans, and specifications;
- Processing daily field reports and inspection reports and following procedures for notification of discrepancies; and
- Communicating with project managers, colleagues, and contractors as required.
Testing procedures and inspections may include conducting field testing and sampling of concrete in accordance with ASTM standard procedures, conducting in-place density testing of soils and/or asphalt using testing equipment assisting with conducting coring operations with concrete and/or asphalt. Inspections for more experienced technicians may also include performing structural masonry inspections, soils sampling and inspection, and steel inspection.
- Candidates should possess a HS Diploma/equivalent. The following credentials are a plus but not required.
- American Concrete Institute (ACI) Concrete Construction Special Inspector and/or Concrete Field Testing Technician;
- International Code Council (Masonry, Structural Steel & Bolting, Structural Welding, and/or Soils, etc.)
- NICET Concrete/Asphalt/Soils I+
- Other applicable and valid certifications;
- Ability to complete OSHA 10 Hour Construction Safety and Health Training within a reasonable period of time following commencement of employment;
- Ability to review and understand industry standards, plans, and specifications and recognize deficiencies;
- Ability to effectively communicate with supervisors, clients, contractors, and inspectors regarding specifications and qualification test results;
- Ability to record project data and complete required field inspection reports and documentation;
- Requires a valid, acceptable driver’s license and transportation to travel to project sites, as regular daily travel is required.
While performing the essential functions of this position, it is frequently necessary to:
- Assume a stationary position,
- Handle, inspect, and/or feel documents, materials and/or equipment relevant to the job;
- Communicate with colleagues, supervisors, and clients using Company email and telephone systems;
- Move around on the job-site, including ascending or descending on the landscape or on a ladder, and positioning oneself appropriately to access necessary testing materials and equipment, usually for prolonged periods of time,
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. for some types of monitoring and inspections,
- Good visual skills, including focused depth perception, and
- Regular daily operations of a motor-vehicle, which may require remaining stationary for extended periods of time.
Employees may also be required to undergo substance abuse testing in accordance with project requirements, US DOT Regulations, and/or Company policy. The employee may occasionally be required to operate a computer, as well as other related office machinery, such as calculators, printers, and copy machines.
The physical demands described above are representative of those necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
In addition to providing competitive salaries, CTL offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunity for professional growth and advancement
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- 401K retirement
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected class.
Salary based on experience